FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – JTAA REC BASKETBALL
1. You must have a PAYS ID number to register for any JTAA sporting activity.
– Existing JTAA families may lookup and request their PAYS member ID # be emailed to them by clicking here
– If you are a new family to JTAA, it is a requirement of our bylaws that one or both of the players’ parents or guardians review the PAYS video once prior to registering for a sport. Click here to learn more about this program that promotes a positive youth sport experience for both the parents and the child. Click here for JTAA instructions on watching the video and obtaining a new PAYS ID #.
2. WHAT AGE GROUP DOES MY CHILD BELONG IN?
The league is broken down into age specific divisions. Your child may register to play in the appropriate division as follows:
|Age Group||Date of Birth Range|
|Boys 7||09/01/2009 to 08/31/2010|
|Boys 8||09/01/2008 to 08/31/2009|
|Boys 9||09/01/2007 to 08/31/2009|
|Boys 10||09/01/2006 to 08/31/2007|
|Boys 11||09/01/2005 to 08/31/2006|
|Boys 12||09/01/2004 to 08/31/2005|
|Boys 13||09/01/2003 to 08/31/2004|
|Boys 14||09/01/2002 to 08/31/2003|
|Boys 15-17||09/01/1999 to 08/31/2002|
|Girls 7-8||09/01/2008 to 08/31/2010|
|Girls 9-10||09/01/2006 to 08/31/2008|
|Girls 11-13||09/01/2003 to 08/31/2006|
4. CAN MY CHILD PLAY UP A DIVISION?
The JTAA Rec Board discourages a child playing up an age division. However, there are times when a child possesses the level of skill and talent justifying playing up a division. A parent can request that his or her child play up. The director of that division, with the consent of the President of the League and Board of Directors, may authorize the request.
5. WHEN IS REGISTRATION OPEN?
Online registration opens in mid to late September and usually carries through the month of October. However, once a particular division reaches its player limit, registration for that division will close. You may still register your child, but he or she will be put on a wait list in the order that he or she registered. If players drop out or additional spots become available, players from the waiting list will be selected in the order of registration.
6. HOW MUCH IS THE REGISTRATION FEE?
The season registration fee is $120 for the first and second player, $90 for the third or more players in the same immediate family. Discounts apply to members of the same immediate family who are registered during the same online session.
7. IS THERE A FEE FOR LATE REGISTRATION?
Yes. A late fee of $20 per family is assessed after October 31st (which is the official date that registration is closed for all JTAA Rec Basketball).
8. DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN JUPITER OR TEQUESTA TO PARTICIPATE?
JTAA Basketball gives first priority in registration to residents of Jupiter and Tequesta. Resident living in other towns may register and play provided there are available spots on teams.
9. WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Prior to November 11, 2017, registration fees will be refunded, minus a $15 cancellation fee. After November 11, 2017, no refunds will be given.